Great game !
A downloadable S.H.A.R.K.
WARNING: Only an experienced player will be able to beat the three levels in this game. If you are not an experienced player, this game might be frustrating for you. It is designed to be a challenging experience and to push your skills to the limit. Do you think you can beat all three levels? We think otherwise ;)
Dive into the depths of a new underwater world full of beauty and danger. Try to survive while a new mechanized species of sharks try to destroy your beloved submarine aka submaca.
S.H.A.R.K is an arcade horizontal scrolling shooter game inspired by the game of the 80's "Harrier Attack".
You will play as Submaca, a fully equipped submarine designed by the most brilliant minds of our time, you need to stay alive so you can explore all the beauty of the ocean.
In this game, every shot counts. Your shots are limited, and they refill periodically. Don't miss or the sharks will soon catch you out of ammo!
How to Play
You can move submaca horizontally and shoot in your game with these controls:
- Q - Up
- A - Down
- Space - Shoot
The Amstrad joystick is also supported in our game.
The objective of the game is to survive all the hordes of enemies until you reach the end of the game. There are different enemies and levels you will need to face in order to survive. The real challenge is to survive all the levels without dying, so good luck!
This game was developed by the QWERTY_DEVELOP team. This game was our first game for the Amstrad CPC computer.
- Adrián Carbonell Sánchez
- Daniel Martí Santos
- Jaime de Lacy Orellana-Pizarro
We used the following software to design and develop our game:
- Visual Studio Code - Code editor
- CPCtelera - Amstrad CPC game engine for C and Assambler developers
- ArkosTracker1 - Used to compose our music and sfx for the AY3-8912, soundchip used in the Amstrad CPC
- Gimp - Tool used for sprite and pixel art design
You can run our game in two different ways:
- Amstrad CPC - Just insert the cassette and then type RUN" and press ENTER, any key and wait until the game is loaded.
- Emulator - we recommend you to try with Winape or Retro Virtual Machine (RVM), download the cdt file, load it in the emulator, type RUN" and press ENTER.
As we are taking part in the CPCRetroDev contest this year, we are celebrating its 10th anniversary, so we have included a reference to the winner of the first edition Lárcenas Legacy. We recommend to stop reading right now if you want to find the reference by yourself in the game.
In our game the reference is the design of the most powerful enemy, another submarine with the face of the judge of Lárcenas Legacy printed in it.